Biotechnology

Some of my friends are enrolling into Biotechnology courses and I am not very sure what it is all about. It seems a lot of students are opting for this bioscience too and now I will share with you what I have come across.

Biotechnology is technology based on biology, especially when used in agriculture, food science and medicine. Basically it is about any technological application that uses biological systems, dead organisms or derivatives thereof, to make or modify products or processes for specific use. Meaning to say, it encompasses a wider range and history of procedures for modifying biological organisms according to the needs of humanity, going back to the initial modifications of native plants into improved food crops through artificial selection and hybridization.
This is called Biotechnology.

No comments:

HELLO EVERYONE, I SHIFTED MY BLOG TO THIS LINK
Powered By Blogger