Use the SEE Acronym When Reading to Kids

Have you ever noticed that some adults will read to a child or a group of children and very few of them are listening? Yet someone else could read to that same group and you could hear a pin drop.

I often read to my students in Sunday school class, even though they are nine and ten years old, and they can read themselves. There are a few reasons for this.

1. First of all, I only see them on Sundays, so I'm not as familiar with their reading levels. I don't want to embarrass any of them.

2. Kids notoriously don't listen to other kids read. While one child is muddling through the text, the others are talking or fidgeting.

3. The time factor - often there isn't time to have children read the Bible story and still be able to complete the other activities that go with the lesson.

No comments:

HELLO EVERYONE, I SHIFTED MY BLOG TO THIS LINK
Powered By Blogger